We are very fortunate to have many support services and amenities available to the disabled on Maui. Having the basic comfort levels of being in the United States and knowing you can drink the water, have proper telephone service, be able to communicate in English and have access to the American medical system are some of the things that are taken for granted until you travel to a foreign country such as Mexico or the Caribbean.
Maui has the following services:
- There are several accessible forms of transportation including accessible van rentals, an accessible airport shuttle service and an accessible public bus transit system.
- Gammie Home Care is a medical supply company which has medical supplies and rental equipment, ranging from shower chairs to a Natural Access beach wheelchair..
- Sunshine Helicopters has a lift to make the helicopter accessible.
- Polynesian Adventure Tours and Valley Isle Excursions have accessible transportation for scenic tours (door to door service).
- Also available are people who specialize in scuba diving for the disabled.
- Urgent Care, Pharmacy and Hospital information
- Grocery Store options on Maui
- Many airlines fly direct from the mainland to Maui so we consider this very convenient.
- If you need or desire any other support, feel free to ask us and we might be able to find out for you if it is available.
Maui Accessible Condo owned by Bruce and Amy Bernhardt
Phone (250) 308-9612
Care Resource Hawaii (private duty homeware agency)
Phone (808) 871-2115
Gammie Home Care
292 Alamaha St. Kahului 96732
Phone (808) 877-4032
There are many pharmacy options available on Maui with most of them national chains or attached to large grocery stores.